Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Cellist

Just thought I'd put this on my blog

Passion's sound hung on each enamored heart
As he graced his bow upon the taut strings,
His lovely magic, the blessed fine art
A concoction of all beautiful things.

The lustrous moon and stars began to dance
As the Lovely One continued to play,
Ev'ry ear was encompassed in a trance
As their souls were beckoned to run away.

His heart poured into the rapturous song
Forever drowned in his tragic amore,
They wept, for this angel had done no wrong
Yet cast from Heaven's face forevermore.

At his song's end, if you look in his eyes,
You'll see his soul fade as the music dies.

3 comments:

yangthao said...

wow, Sarita, I like this sonnet alot, do you have other poems? If so I'd like to read them. I like reading lots of different poems.

jessica said...

i really do love this poem and i agree that you should post more of your wonderful writings

Sarita's Blog [woot woot] said...

Thanks! I'll see what I can find to post.